A great career opportunity with a rapidly growing e-commerce intelligence business
Due to continued business growth we are looking for a Technical Support Manager, who has a keen interest in technology, to join our dynamic e-commerce intelligence business, supporting our internal team and businesses around the world on our platform. This is a role that requires a blend of technical capability, combined with great communication skills.
Full training will be provided, but you must have an aptitude for technology and a confidence in communicating with others.
So, what will you be doing?
This is a varied and challenging role, working within an international team. The following are the key areas that you will be involved in:
- Working within our team to help with the implementation of new accounts, problem resolution and feature development. This will include elements of web-based research
- Issues and problems happen. It is how we deal with them that is the measure of us.
- Using existing processes as well as logical thinking, troubleshooting any issues in a timely manner and provide relevant solutions
- Working directly with our Account Managers, Programming and Quality teams to deliver timely results
- Conduct periodic system health-checks and ensure that everything is running as it should be
- Research into methods, action and technologies to help to enhance the existing products of the business
- Creating specifications for our programming team to guide them on client requirements
Who would be a great fit?
Ideally you have an awareness of the huge shift and importance of e-commerce to the world today, as well as an understanding of how online business is conducted. You need to be incredibly familiar and comfortable with working online. We see the following qualities as being beneficial to this role
- You will be technically minded, enjoying the challenge of technical subjects and working on a platform with millions of data points
- You will understand and pick up technical skills quickly
- You thrive on the challenge of providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment
- Excel in a multitasking environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly
- Fantastic planning and organisational skills and are self-motivated to work independently
- Ability to communicate complex and technical ideas in a straightforward way
- As this is a remote role, a fast, stable internet connection is essential due to the nature of the work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience using Microsoft Office and/or GoogleWorkspace
- Confident with using web conference platforms such as Zoom and/or Teams for internal and external communications
- Have a technical background and an understanding of how systems and programming work
Who we are
Competitor Monitor is a business intelligence company which helps the world’s leading companies stay competitive. Our amazing team, based around the world, manages e-commerce intelligence services to improve our client’s products, pricing, promotions and perceptions.
Major brands and leading retail chains use our services to manage their pricing, keep their customers loyal and maintain their online reputation. By monitoring millions of data points across the web each day we provide actionable insight through our intelligent software and direct customer contact.
Working With Us
Our company is headquartered in the UK, but we have a distributed team of colleagues around the world. You will get to interact with a global group of diverse and really talented people.
This is an online, collaborative, challenging role, but as a group we are relaxed and friendly. We are looking for like-minded people who understand the importance of what we are doing for our customers.
How to apply
We’re looking for candidates that stand out from the crowd, so here are a few pointers to help you:
- We need you to spell out exactly what you can bring to the role. It might be direct experience, crossover skills or just passion and enthusiasm. Don’t leave us guessing!
- How technical are you? It would be great to find a bit of information about where you feel you excel
- Why do you think Competitor Monitor is such a good fit for you?
- We’re not business formal: corporate speak isn’t required, so don’t be afraid to be yourself.
- Where are you from? Geography doesn’t matter to us, but it’s always nice to find out where people live and work! Our current team is all around the world, so tell us something interesting about your environment
- Anything else about you and what you have done previously that might make us choose you over someone else
- We will respond to everyone who writes to us with the above information. Please note that if you only send us your CV/Resume, without any covering letter, then we are likely to not respond
If you are interested in the role and becoming part of our team, please visit the following form to upload your CV/Resume and covering letter (top tip - this is our favourite part!):
We are looking forward to hearing from you